The Dance Experience
OCTOBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
We are open Monday October 9th – all classes will be held!
We will be closed on Halloween – Tuesday October 31st!
PARKING LOT PAVING TO BEGIN MONDAY 10/9: We were just informed yesterday that our parking lot will be dug up and re-paved beginning 10/9. It is estimated to take about 1 week, as long as the weather cooperates. ALL TDE families are asked to park in the CDTA lot and car pooling is encouraged this week. As there is limited lighting in our parking lot, please be careful when walking across, especially after dark as there will be uneven surfaces.
NEW STUDIO SPACE: We still do not have a time frame for when will be able to start renovations of our new space. Thank you for your patience, especially during those times of the week when we are super crowded in the waiting area! We will keep you posted when we have an approximate time frame.
REMINDER OF STUDIO RULES
- NO STREET SHOES ARE ALLOWED ON THE DANCE FLOORS.
- DANCE SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN OUTSIDE.
- NO WATER IS ALLOWED IN THE DANCE STUDIOS (except teachers).
- NO FOOD OR GUM DURING CLASS OR IN STUDIOS.
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE STUDIOS UNLESS A TEACHER IS PRESENT.
- NO STROLLERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE WAITING AREA.
- LONG HAIR MUST BE PUT UP (BUN FOR BALLET – grades 2 and up) before entering the studio.
- LEOTARDS MUST BE WORN BY FEMALES FOR BALLET CLASSES.
October 24 – 30 Halloween Dress up week – dancers can wear their Halloween costumes as long as they do not interfere with their ability to dance.
Friday October 20th Hip Hop Master Classes with Sarah Ro (former TDE teacher, turned LA dancer) and Jay Christopher of The Mob Dance Crew
5:30-6:30 grades 5-8, 6:35-7:35 grades 9 through adult, $20 per dancer per class.
Sunday October 22 12:30-2 Contemporary Master Class with Robin Crist – LIVE MUSIC by Steve Gifford – intermediate and Advanced dancers ages 11 and up – Sign-up sheet will be posted outside the office door at TDE. $25 per dancer ($20 if spot reserved by 10/16).
SCHEDULE CHANGES: If you are interested in registering for additional classes, please check the schedule on the website (adanceexperience.com) as we have cancelled, changed times, and added some classes.
We have added 2 new classes that will begin the week of 10/16:
- Mondays 8:20-9:05 Grades 6 and up Hip Hop with Ms. Nicole
- Wednesdays 6-6:45 Grades 1-3 Hip Hop with Ms. Nicole
Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to transfer to one of the above classes.
TUITION POLICY: Tuition is due the first class of each month. Any tuition received after the first class is considered late. There is a $10.00 late charge added to all accounts not paid by the 15th of the month. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (in person or via the parent portal). We do not take American Express. All dancers who started classes after September must pay half of the monthly tuition for June. The 3 monthly payments can only be made in September, December, and March. If you wish to switch to the 3 month payment plan, you must continue with the monthly plan until December 1st. The discount for 3 month payments will not be given if payment is made after December 15th and/or March 15th. If you pay monthly, the payment made in September is for ½ the month of September and ½ the month of June.
OFFICE HOURS: The office is only open the first week of the month Monday-Thursday 4:30-8:30, Friday 4:30-6 and Saturday 9-12:30. Please plan accordingly if you would like to purchase shoes or dancewear. If tuition is late (paid after the first week of the month), it can be left in the purple tuition box, mailed, or paid via the parent portal. Tuition can also be handed to teachers if you know the correct amount.
USED TAP SHOES TO BORROW: Individuals have been kind enough to donate tap shoes so that your child does not need to go without shoes when they trying out a class, are forgotten or temporarily when outgrown. PLEASE be respectful by putting the shoes back together in pairs and leaving in the bins. We no longer keep used ballet, hip hop, or jazz shoes at the studio, as they were always left in disarray.
- All families must update their contact information via the parent portal when changes need to be made.
- Please refer to our studio policies on the website – it contains some valuable information ADanceExperience.com. Paper copies are also available.
- Please be sure all dance clothes AND SHOES are labeled with the dancer’s names.
- Ballet dancers MUST have leather or canvas ballet shoes (pink for girls and black for boys). Some students are wearing slippers that are not meant for dancing.
- We currently have a good selection of dancewear and shoes in stock. Special orders may also be placed.
- The studio is open 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the first class of the day. Please be sure to pick the dancers up promptly after class. Dancers are not supervised by our staff before or after their class time.
- Please call 463-1195 if you or your child must miss a class
- We continue to have access to separate men’s and women’s rest rooms. Exit the door past the green studio and take a left.
- When males use the unisex bathroom (across from the teal studio), please close the outside door.
- All teachers and staff enforce policies of The Dance Experience under the direction of Ms. Janell. If you have a question about a policy, please ask any of our staff for clarification. Teachers and staff need to be treated with respect at all times and ALL CONCERNS regarding our policies should be directed to Ms. Janell.
November 22 – 26 No Classes Thanksgiving Break
Sunday November 19 10:30-1:30 FREE Wheelchair Dance Workshop at Albany YMCA (includes lunch) – learn to merengue while partnering wheelchair bound dancers – please reply to this email and I will forward the RSVP form.
Thank you for being a part of our dance family!
As we begin our 22nd year as The Dance Experience and our 14th year in Delmar we want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for making it possible to do what we love to do – teaching people to dance. Parents – if it were not for your support and dedication to your children, we would not be here. Adult dancers – you deserve the time for yourself. We hope that you are having a positive and wonderful DANCE EXPERIENCE and we welcome any suggestions you may have. If you have a question or concern, we will be happy to speak with you outside of class.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF NEW STUDENTS
We would like to give credit to those returning families who have referred you to us! Please provide a handwritten note to our office staff with the following information: NEW DANCER TO THE DANCE EXPERIENCE & PERSON WHO REFERRED YOU TO US. Each returning referring family will receive credit for the referral. Referring families, please see Ms. Janell, Ms. Kathy, Ms. Amy, Ms. Abra, Ms. Jen, or Ms. Christina in the office for details.