The Dance Experience
OCTOBER 2019 NEWSLETTER
We are open Monday October 14th – all classes will be held!
November 27 – 30 No Classes Thanksgiving Break
October 24th – 30th Halloween Dress up and BRING A FRIEND week
Dancers can wear their Halloween costumes as long as they do not interfere with their ability to dance and bring a friend to class! Bring a friend to class with you OR parents, siblings, grandparents can also try a FREE dance class that week! Adults are always welcome in our teen classes! New families must register via www.adanceexperience.com for “BRING A FRIEND TO CLASS” and sign the liability waiver prior to attending the class.
We will be closed on Halloween – Thursday October 31st!
Extra Drop-In Classes
Need a little extra technique or interested in learning a new routine?? Join us for our drop-in classes for TDE Dancers-pay per class, no commitment to the weekly class needed! Drop-in rate for the hour class is $12.25 per class minus any additional discounts your family receives.
Fridays 5:55-6:55 Grades 4 and up Acrobatics Workshop – Ms. Bree
Saturdays 10:50-11:50 Grades 4 and up Stretch and Strengthen – Ms. Bree
Ms. Mackenna will be at TDE Saturdays 10/26, 11/16, and 12/21 and will teach the following intermediate/advanced classes for ages 11 and up:
1:05-2:05 Ballet 2:10-3:10 Contemporary Jazz
SPECIAL TDE WEEKEND OF DANCE 10/19-20!!
Master Teacher Todd Shanks will teach Saturday and Sunday classes. Visit www.toddshanks.com for more information on Mr. Todd. $25 per class; $45 for 2 classes
$60 for unlimited classes for 1 dancer
Saturday, October 19– Ages 8 and up – Beginning/Intermediate Classes
12:30-1:30 Hip Hop; 1:35-2:35 Jazz; 2:50-3:50 Lyrical; 3:55-4:55 Tap
Sunday, October 20 – Ages 13 and up – Advanced
9:00-10:00 Hip Hop; 10:05-11:05 Jazz; 11:20-12:20 Lyrical; 12:25-1:25 Tap
YOGA for ages 5-9 (or older kids with active imaginations)
Join Ms. Janell Fridays 5-6 from 10/18-11/22 as we journey through different experiences in this interactive yoga class. Each week the kids will learn yoga poses and breathing techniques in this theme based experience, such as Journey Through the Jungle, Exploring the Ocean, and other ideas generated from the young yogis!
Thank you for your patience the first few weeks of class, as it can be a bit hectic as we work through the schedule requiring room and/or time changes for some classes. Several slight SCHEDULE CHANGES have been made to accommodate teacher schedules and class size changes. Several classes will be rotating rooms every month or so, as we have some large classes at the same time.
Tuition is due the first class of each month. Any tuition received after the first class is considered late. There is a $10.00 late charge added to all accounts not paid by the 15th of the month. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (in person or via the parent portal). We do not take American Express.
The annual tuition is broken down into 9 payments (due the first week of each month) or 3 annual payments, which are made the first week of September, December, and March. If you wish to switch to the 3 annual payment plan, you must continue with the monthly plan until December 1st. The discount for 3 annual payments will not be given if payment is made after December 15th and/or March 15th.
The office is only open the first week of the month Monday-Thursday 4:30-8:30, Friday 4:45-7 and Saturday 9-11:45.
Please plan accordingly if you would like to purchase shoes or dancewear. If tuition is late (paid after the first week of the month), it can be left in the purple tuition box, mailed, or paid via the parent portal. Tuition can also be handed to teachers in labeled envelopes, if you know the correct amount due.
USED TAP SHOES TO BORROW
Individuals have been kind enough to donate tap shoes so that your child does not need to go without shoes when they trying out a class, are forgotten or temporarily when outgrown. PLEASE be respectful by putting the shoes back together in pairs.
Please let us know if you know a good videographer who might be interested in filming the End of Year Performances June 5th & 6th!
- NO STREET SHOES ARE ALLOWED ON THE DANCE FLOORS.
- DANCE SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN OUTSIDE.
- NO WATER IS ALLOWED IN THE DANCE STUDIOS (except teachers).
- NO FOOD OR GUM DURING CLASS OR IN STUDIOS.
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE STUDIOS UNLESS A TEACHER IS PRESENT.
- NO STROLLERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE WAITING AREA.
- LONG HAIR MUST BE PUT UP (BUN FOR BALLET – grades 2 and up) before entering the studio.
- LEOTARDS MUST BE WORN BY FEMALES FOR BALLET CLASSES.
· All families must update their contact information via the parent portal when changes need to be made.
- Please be sure all dance clothes AND SHOES are labeled with the dancer’s names.
- Ballet dancers MUST have leather or canvas ballet shoes (pink for girls and black for boys). Some students are wearing slippers that are not meant for dancing.
- We currently have a good selection of dancewear and shoes in stock. Special orders may also be placed. Stay tuned for information on our team wear!
- The studio is open 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the first class of the day.
- Please be sure to pick the dancers up promptly after class. Dancers are not supervised by our staff before or after their class time.
- Please call 518-463-1195 if you or your child must a class
· We continue to have access to separate men’s and women’s rest rooms. Exit the door past the green studio and take a left.
- When males use the unisex bathroom (across from the teal studio), please close the outside door.
- All teachers and staff enforce policies of The Dance Experience under the direction of Ms. Janell. If you have a question about a policy, please ask any of our staff for clarification, but teachers and staff need to be treated with respect at all times and ALL CONCERNS regarding our policies should be directed to Ms. Janell. Please email or call to set-up an appointment to chat.
Thank you for being a part of our dance family!
As we begin our 24th year as The Dance Experience and our 16th year in Delmar we want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for making it possible to do what we love to do – teaching people to dance. Parents – if it were not for your support and dedication to your children, we would not be here. Adult dancers – you deserve the time for yourself. We hope that you are having a positive and wonderful DANCE EXPERIENCE and we welcome any suggestions you may have. If you have a question or concern, we will be happy to speak with you outside of class.
We would like to give credit to those returning families who have referred you to us! Please provide a handwritten note to our office staff with the following information: NEW DANCER TO THE DANCE EXPERIENCE & PERSON WHO REFERRED YOU TO US. Each returning referring family will receive credit for the referral. Referring families, please see Ms. Janell, Ms. Kathy, Ms. Amy, Ms. Jen, or Ms. Christina in the office for details.