The Dance Experience
OCTOBER 2018 NEWSLETTER
We are open Monday October 8th – all classes will be held!
October 24 – 30 Halloween Dress up week – dancers can wear their Halloween costumes as long as they do not interfere with their ability to dance.
We will be closed on Halloween – Wednesday October 31st!
Extra Dance? Need a little extra technique or interested in learning a new routine?? Join us for ourSaturday drop-in classes for all dancers ages 11 and up!
October 13th & November 17th-> Ms. Mackenna
12:30-1:30 Ballet & 4:10-5:10 Contemporary Workshop
October 20th Ms. Janell
12:25-1:25 Stretch & Strengthen
October 27th & November 10th Ms. Alyssa
10:35-11:35 Ballet & 3:05-4:05 Jazz Workshop
November 3rd Ms. Michele
November 21 – 25 No Classes Thanksgiving Break
Thank you for your patience the first few weeks of class, as it can be a bit hectic as we work through the schedule requiring room and/or time changes for some classes. Several slight SCHEDULE CHANGES have been made to accommodate teacher schedules and class size changes. Several classes will be rotating rooms every month or so, as we have some large classes at the same time. Please see the attached schedule for changes.
REMINDER OF STUDIO RULES
- NO STREET SHOES ARE ALLOWED ON THE DANCE FLOORS.
- DANCE SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN OUTSIDE.
- NO WATER IS ALLOWED IN THE DANCE STUDIOS (except teachers).
- NO FOOD OR GUM DURING CLASS OR IN STUDIOS.
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE STUDIOS UNLESS A TEACHER IS PRESENT.
- NO STROLLERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE WAITING AREA.
- LONG HAIR MUST BE PUT UP (BUN FOR BALLET – grades 2 and up) before entering the studio.
- LEOTARDS MUST BE WORN BY FEMALES FOR BALLET CLASSES.
TUITION POLICY: Tuition is due the first class of each month. Any tuition received after the first class is considered late. There is a $10.00 late charge added to all accounts not paid by the 15th of the month. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards (in person or via the parent portal). We do not take American Express.
The annual tuition is broken down into 9 payments (due the first week of each month) or 3 annual payments, which are made the first week of September, December, and March. If you wish to switch to the 3 annual payment plan, you must continue with the monthly plan until December 1st. The discount for 3 annual payments will not be given if payment is made after December 15th and/or March 15th.
OFFICE HOURS: The office is only open the first week of the month Monday & Wednesday 4:30-8:30, Tuesday & Thursday 4:45-8:30, Friday 4:30-6 and Saturday 9-12:30. Please plan accordingly if you would like to purchase shoes or dancewear. If tuition is late (paid after the first week of the month), it can be left in the purple tuition box, mailed, or paid via the parent portal. Tuition can also be handed to teachers in labeled envelopes, if you know the correct amount due.
USED TAP SHOES TO BORROW:Individuals have been kind enough to donate tap shoes so that your child does not need to go without shoes when they trying out a class, are forgotten or temporarily when outgrown. PLEASE be respectful by putting the shoes back together in pairs.
REMINDERS: All families must update their contact information via the parent portal when changes need to be made.
- Please be sure all dance clothes AND SHOES are labeled with the dancer’s names.
- Ballet dancers MUST have leather or canvas ballet shoes (pink for girls and black for boys). Some students are wearing slippers that are not meant for dancing.
- We currently have a good selection of dancewear and shoes in stock. Special orders may also be placed. Stay tuned for information on our team wear!
- The studio is open 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the first class of the day. Please be sure to pick the dancers up promptly after class. Dancers are not supervised by our staff before or after their class time.
- Please call 518-463-1195 if you or your child must a class
· We continue to have access to separate men’s and women’s rest rooms. Exit the door past the green studio and take a left.
- When males use the unisex bathroom (across from the teal studio), please close the outside door.
- We are anxiously awaiting the installation of our water fountain/bottle refill station, as well as vending machine.
- All teachers and staff enforce policies of The Dance Experience under the direction of Ms. Janell. If you have a question about a policy, please ask any of our staff for clarification, but teachers and staff need to be treated with respect at all times and ALL CONCERNS regarding our policies should be directed to Ms. Janell. Please email or call to set-up an appointment to chat.
Thank you for being a part of our dance family! As we begin our 23rd year as The Dance Experience and our 15th year in Delmar we want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for making it possible to do what we love to do – teaching people to dance. Parents – if it were not for your support and dedication to your children, we would not be here. Adult dancers – you deserve the time for yourself. We hope that you are having a positive and wonderful DANCE EXPERIENCE and we welcome any suggestions you may have. If you have a question or concern, we will be happy to speak with you outside of class.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF NEW STUDENTS: We would like to give credit to those returning families who have referred you to us! Please provide a handwritten note to our office staff with the following information: NEW DANCER TO THE DANCE EXPERIENCE & PERSON WHO REFERRED YOU TO US. Each returning referring family will receive credit for the referral. Referring families, please see Ms. Janell, Ms. Kathy, Ms. Amy, Ms. Jen, or Ms. Christina in the office for details.